John Guerry, Attorney
Charleston Lawyer for Personal Injury, Construction Law, Civil Litigation and Criminal Law
John’s practice is devoted to representing both individual and business clients in a wide range of civil litigation cases, including personal injury, premises liability, wrongful death, defective products, business litigation, and construction defect litigation. His practice encompasses general civil litigation and criminal defense in the State and Federal systems. Prior to joining the Theos Law Firm, John was an associate at a prestigious and well respected state-wide civil defense firm. In that role, John gained invaluable experience handling complex litigation throughout South Carolina in matters involving wrongful death, products liability, construction litigation, governmental defense, and personal injury matters.
John grew up in Columbia, South Carolina. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science in 2009 from the University of South Carolina. As an undergraduate, John was a four-year member of the South Carolina Gamecock football team, and played under coach Steve Spurrier. In 2013, John graduated with a Juris Doctor from the Charleston School of Law in 2013, where he was distinguished with the CALI Award for Constitutional Law.
After graduating from the Charleston School of Law, John clerked for Circuit Court Judge Maite Murphy in 2013. John then served as a judicial law clerk in Federal Court for the Honorable Sol Blatt, Jr., Senior U.S. District Court Judge for the District of South Carolina in 2014.
- Engagements South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys; Association, Annual Meeting Speaker: Defending Restaurants and Bartenders from Dram Shop Liability (Summer, 2017)
- SC Bar CLE: Defending Restaurants and Bartenders from Dram Shop Liability (Winter, 2016)
- South Carolina Law Enforcement Defense Conference: Defending Prisoner Litigation Claims (Fall, 2016)
Activities & Affiliations
- Member, Charleston County Bar Association
- Member, Charleston Lawyers Club
- Member, Charleston County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- South Carolina